Ukrainian Americans of Long Island strives to unite, increase visibility, and grow our community together. We offer a number of opportunities to celebrate our shared heritage. These include development and promotion of Ukrainian language skills in both children and adults, traditional and contemporary cultural legacy and its practice as it relates to faith, traditions, history, literature, music, and arts of the land of our ancestors.
The following organizations constitute our community:
- St Michael’s Ukrainian Orthodox Church
- St Vladimir’s Ukrainian Catholic Church
- St Josaphat’s Monastery
- School of Ukrainian Studies and Religion
- Mriya, Ukrainian Youth Folk Dance Ensemble
- Plast, Ukrainian Scouting Organization, Hempstead Stanitsa
- Ukrainian Congress Committee of America, Long Island Chapter
- Organization for the Defense of Four Freedoms for Ukraine, 42nd Branch
- Senior Citizens Club & Thursday Morning Bingo
We are centrally situated in the heart of Nassau County of Long Island, walking distance from the Hofstra University campus and Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, as well as on the North Shore. Although supported by and housed at the churches and parishes on Long Island, we are not affiliated with any particular church and welcome everyone, regardless of race, language or religious beliefs to join, visit our centers during community events or to rent the venues for your special occasion.
The UALI appreciates contributions to our mission and is enormously grateful for the generous support from the Self Reliance New York Federal Credit Union, with branches in Uniondale and Lindenhurst in Long Island.