- This event has passed.
NYS ONA Webinar: How to Support and Assist Immigrants Impacted by Crime
November 29, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The New York State Office for New Americans is pleased to invite you to a webinar focused on information and resources to help immigrant victims of crime, and how you can best support them and their families. This webinar features a presentation by the New York State Office of Victim Services.
The mission of the NYS Office of Victim Services (OVS) is to provide critical services and support for crime victims and their families. It is an executive level agency that funds community-based victim assistance programs, provides financial compensation/reimbursement for certain expenses that occur as a result of victimization, and advocates for the rights of victims of crime. OVS receives federal Victim of Crime Act (VOCA) and state funding.
Join this webinar to:
- Understand and learn about the mission of OVS
- Understand how OVS is available for immigrant victims regardless of their immigration status or English language proficiency
- Learn about available services and support, including:
- Victim Assistance Programs (VAPs),
- Domestic Violence shelters, including those that accept pets,
- Resource Connect tool on the OVS website,
- Human Trafficking assistance and training, and
- the Crime Victim Legal Network (CVLN).
Elizabeth Cronin, Director of the New York State Office of Victim Services, will be delivering this presentation.