Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to introduce you to the LI Ukrainian Senior Club.
Our mission is to bring together our Ukrainian Seniors living on Long Island, for discussions about current events, health, diet and exercise. We go on field trips, out to lunch and share our common Ukrainian experiences, news and views. We are nonpolitical and keep everything fun and informative.
Our group meets once a week on Wednesday at 10:00 am at St Vladimir’s Parish Center located at 226 Uniondale Av, Uniondale NY. Starting October 7th, 2021, our meetings will be held on Thursdays at 10:30 am.
Our calendar of events (so far) for Fall 2021 are:
- Sunday, September 5th, 1:00 PM – St Vladimir’s Parish Picnic
- Wednesday, September 8th, 10:30 AM – Mass at St Vladimir’s 10:00 with Father Wasyl and Father Walter
- Wednesday, September 8th, 11:30 PM – After Mass at the parish Father Walter will speak about the Blessed Mother
- Saturday, September 11th, 10:30 AM – Mass with the Children followed by pizza at the parish center
- Wednesday, September 15th, 10:00 AM – Regular meeting
- Wednesday, September 22th, 11:30 AM – Lunch at DJ’s Buffet, price approx. $15
- Wednesday, September 29th, 10:00 AM – Regular meeting
- Starting Thursday, October 7th, 10:30 AM, and weekly thereafter – Regular meetings
- Sunday, October 24th, 1:00 PM – Holodomor Remembrance at Eisenhower Park
- TBD – Octoberfest luncheon
- TBD – Trip to Teddy Roosevelts in Oyster Bay
We invite you to join us. Our dues are $2.00 per week. We alternate bringing a little something to snack on. One of our members volunteers to pick up coffee at McDonald’s and that’s an extra $1.00, only if you so desire.
Please feel free to contact either Mary Sydor or Ola Pyszczymuka. We would love to have you join us.